The Evolution of Sports & Finance.

Collaborate with the architects of the world’s first and only regulated “sports stock market”. Learn to trade the SportsRiskIndex and build your SportsFolio.

Already a member?

Remember Me

Group avatar

Admins

Members (698) See All →

Group Admins

SportsRiskIndex™ (SRI) All Members

Public Group active 1 day, 11 hours ago

All Members of the SportsRiskIndex™ (SRI) Social Network.

deleted

Call to action (3 posts)

← Group Forum   Group Forum Directory
  • Avatar Image Paul Bleier said 4 months, 2 weeks ago:

To the NSE Community,

I originally posted this in the ASM/CWH Stakeholders only group. However after much thinking over the last few days, I felt it was too important not to share with YOU - the larger NSE community and public. There are now 361 listed as members within this group and we are all here for the same reason: To keep abreast of developments pertaining to the SportsRiskIndex and to learn about how this product will forever change the landscape of sports and finance.

For those of you who don’t know me, I have been highly involved with this business for 6+ years now. I was a trader of sports derivatives (original ASM concept), investor in ASMA1 and even conducted my graduate school research on the ASM virtual community back in 2006 – of which many of you participated in. Since the close of the ASM platform and to this day, wherever/whenever possible I have been helping Chris try to advance his vision (SRI/Sports as an asset class) so that it may become a reality. I have helped with internal documents such as executive summaries, and presentations and also guided Chris through the process of planning and hosting the 2 hour investor update teleconference in the summer of 2009. I met Bernie Nichols of NHL fame in person at a legends hockey hall of fame game and have sat in on some pretty impressive phone conversations with potential investors and high ranking futures industry officials who absolutely believe we have something special here (i.e. Cantor). Its been a roller coaster of emotions from year to year, but despite all the setbacks and obstacles that Chris faces on an almost daily basis (both in his personal and professional life), he has remained strong and resilient through it all. He does this not for personal benefit or visions of grandeur, but he truly believes in the success and commercial viability of this project and will continue down this path until the SRI sees the light of day! His resolve is limitless and he is a man of his word. Just look at the ASM settlement process currently under way for legacy account holders.

However, there has and always will be one achilles heel to this operation and that’s the all mighty dollar. Something this venture has not had for a few years now following the collapse of the USFE and our primary lender not wanting to sink in anymore money. With that being said, one of my other primary responsibilities over the last 2.5 years was to source out and attract qualified investors to the business who may consider investing in the business for an equity stake in the entire operation. On one or more occasions we were very close to securing large sums of money to advance the project further, but through no fault of our own, the deals never materialized.

I am no more special than anyone else in this community, and like me YOU ALSO have the power to help advance this cause by getting more involved with business development activities. Chris would be very appreciative to have more hands on deck as he continues to work (without pay) to develop an educational platform, secure funding and go back to the leagues and regulators to once again pitch the SRI concept.

How you can help?

1. Take some time to review your contacts in your phone, email contacts, rolodex, social networks (LinkedIn, Facebook etc..)
    2. Identify individuals involved in sports related, financing or legal professions who may have access to a network of high net worth investors
    3. Review all of the material in the Patent & Important Documents tab to gain a good grasp of the business
    4. Reach out to individuals and ask for an introductory meeting to explain the business
    5. Email Chis and let him know about upcoming meetings so that he can partake or at least provide you with additional documentation
    6. Follow up with the individual and point them to this website to keep up to date on the latest developments.

If we all spend a few hours each week seeking out potential investors or business partners, we WILL secure an investor a lot quicker than if its only left up to a few select people. This is the beauty of Crowdsourcing and Social Networking today. We can be in many places at the same time and reach further and deeper into organizations and people’s daily lives to achieve a common goal.

And if you are ever in doubt about what you can and cannot say to interested parties, ALWAYS check with Chris beforehand. He will respond to your emails pretty darn quickly. Remember you are not allowed to sell equity directly, BUT what you can sell is the BIG PICTURE view of a world where you can open up your Sunday Newspaper, turn to the Business Section and track the price of your favorite sports franchise. With the economy on the rebound, I’m willing to bet (errr I mean invest) that someone out there is able and willing to help us write this story!!!

This is an idea with tremendous potential that just needs to be before the right eyeballs. You can make that happen with as little or as much effort as you see fit. If you have any questions or comments, please don’t hesitate to drop me a note.

Cheers,

Paul

• Avatar Image Chris Rabalais said 4 months, 2 weeks ago:

Thank you, Paul. We can certainly use all the help we can get. This is a very heavy lift for one person (me). No matter where you think your skills may or may not fit, believe me, there is a place for your contribution. Even if it is just a little time each week, everything counts. I have done my best to paint the overall vision of this project. We are at the core of that vision. Imagine a world where sports teams trade like stocks and what that world will look like. There is a place for every talent and interest. Those that put their efforts in at this stage will be written about as the pioneers in the decades to come. It is our story to tell and our painting to paint.

So, think about it. Find a place and join in. You can contact Paul or I about any of your ideas, thoughts or concerns. Or,if you prefer, post them here publicly for all to see.

Thank you.

• Avatar Image Paul Bleier said 2 months, 3 weeks ago:

I encourage everyone on the new sports economy who has a vested interest in this business to listen to Chris’ audio recording about next steps:

http://thenewsportseconomy.com/2011/03/22/sports-stock-market/

Please - If you can help in any way shape or form (time, money contacts), then please reach our to Chris so we can build this together.

Wishing you all the best,

Paul